Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Sort Of Homecoming

So it has been a while!

Blogging is a habit and, post- my wedding, it was a habit I had fallen out of. I don't know if I'll get back into it properly. I think I'll stick to short posts, maybe, from now on.

I had two reasons for blogging, in hindsight. One, to get my amateur journalist pretensions down 'on paper' in the event that someone, somewhere would be interested in them and, two, so as I wouldn't make the mistake again of going into passionate rant mode on topics that interest me when talking to the people I encounter daily who couldn't care less about anything beyond their immediate bubbles.

I'm delighted I blogged for the last few years, because I have learned just how limited and limiting most discourse is. There are far too many people in this world who simply believe whatever it is they want to believe. There are far too many people in this world who cherry pick the information that reinforces their own prejudices and choose to ignore the mountain of information that should force any intelligent human being to rethink their position. Blogging has helped me to move beyond that, hopefully.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs