Saturday, April 11, 2009

Somebody Got Murdered

I don't want this to read like I rank murder in some sort of League table. But despite the cowardly, disgusting, pointless shite in the North, and the vile nature of the 'mistaken identity' murder of Shane Geoghegan, there's just something about criminals murdering those who stand up to them in a court of law that turns the blood cold.

I've had conversations in the past where people have said they wouldn't testify in court against violent criminals because the Gardai would never be able to protect you. I always said that if everyone in society had that attitude law and order could completely break down. I usually pointed to Limerick as the case in point. Those cunts roam the streets because everyone is too afraid to give evidence against them.

And now this happens.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs