- Elbow were class and my favourite part of the festivals; Blood Red Shoes, Yeasayer, The Ting Tings, The National were my other highlights.
- Sex Pistols were great, and not the pantomime I was afraid they'd be.
- The Fratellis, The Kooks, British Sea Power were all a bit... meh.
- Grub and facilities were class - decent range of food stalls, clean flushing toilets and hot showers
- Booze and food worked out slightly cheaper than the Irish festivals, but not by much.
- And you didn't have to pay for the bus transfers or the programme.
- The merchandise was shite, though. Probably better off!
- The Dutch are complete dorks.
- They were also, amazingly, filthy. The campsite was trashed with litter within three hours of opening, people seemed quite happy to sit among mounds of garbage including half-eaten food and people openly chucked the remains of their food and drink on the ground within touching distance of empty bins.
- Still, I'm loving the idea of travelling for festivals. If I wasn't totally averse to mud Glastonbury would be on the cards. But Exit in Serbia or Benicassim in Spain are the most likely destinations.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Just back from a week in Holland at Lowlands...