Friday, August 01, 2008

Deny

A fantastic post by Skeptico on provenance, which I'll be using next time someone claims that homeopathy cures illnesses, or that psychics are right, or that astrology can make sound predictions.

This guff is relevant to me right now as my health insurance is up for renewal and my provider's renewal pack has the fact that they cover 'alternative' treatments up in lights. Remember that, being a young, healthy male who hasn't been a hospital patient in 19 years and has seen a GP twice in ten years, my premium is effectively used to fund healthcare for others.

I am NOT happy that my premium might be affected by gobshites who want to see homeopaths or chiropractors... unless someone can tell me it actually saves money by keeping hypocondriacs from wasting the time of real healthcare professionals.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs