Monday, June 23, 2008

Beautiful Day

Now the Euro quarter finals are over I have to say just how much I have thoroughly enjoyed the tournament so far. It really has been fabulous. Loads of goals, great team play, defensive teams getting beaten and knocked out, and a massive reduction in cheating... well until last night anyway. Delighted to see the boring Greeks go out with a whimper, the cheating Portugeezers and the cynical Italians.

Before the tournament I wanted Spain to win it, simply to see an end to their biennial choke job. But considering the trouncing they took from Spain, the Russians have been an absolute revelation. I want whichever team wins that semi to go on and win the final but I sneakily hope the Russians win it now, playing the way they do and beating the Krauts in the final.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs