Thursday, May 01, 2008

Miracle Drug



Was having a great time in Spain, then promptly fell ill with tonsilitis, which I'm still not over. Did you know you can get antibiotics over the counter for next to nothing there?

My golf score went from 28 (good) the first day, to 18 (mediocre) the second day, to 6 (a score a paraplegic midget could better) on the last day.

Standing in endless queues in an airport when you're ill is one of the more unpleasant things I can think of. So my mood was greatly worsened by the seemingly endless stream of middle-aged Irish women in front of me who hauled themselves up to check-in with 40Kg+ luggage only to act all surprised and indignant when informed they'd have to pay extra. Leathery wagons added at least an hour to the queue.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs