Tuesday, March 25, 2008

If Music Could Talk

So back in November I purchased a new iPod because the old one seemed to have died. But what I didn't follow up with was the information that the old one was not dead after all - the USB cable was buggered. So then I had two iPods, although it has to be said my 2007 80GB model seemed a lot better than my 2004 20GB model.

However I noticed with the new iPod that the disc was making a whining noise as the various files were being accessed. At first I thought it was just one of those things but then it became a real pain in the arse. So I logged on to apple.com and registered the fault.

Now this, I think, is great service (or else I have low standards). Within two days of me logging the fault a UPS package, with instructions on how to wrap the iPod up for return, was delivered. The next day UPS returned to collect the old iPod when I phoned them, and tomorrow a brand new replacement will be delivered. All at no cost and very little effort to me at all. And the whole thing could be tracked on Apple's website.

So I have two iPods again. And an iPhone. Oh yeah, I just couldn't resist it! My sister was going to New York so I just decided 'fuck it' and got her to get me the iPhone. The new 16GB were sold out so I got an 8GB and bought a software 'jailbreak' programme for $7 on ebay, which had the AT&T lock removed in about five minutes. I'm now happily using my, pretty damn fab, new phone.

That might seem a bit overboard but the dollar is so weak it just seemed criminal NOT to take advantage!...

I'll probably give my 'new' iPod to my girlfriend now or something.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs