- I've been meaning to get this off my chest for a while now, but kept forgetting - I can't stand bloody radio ads that advertise websites. Especially 'dot.ie' websites. Say 'dot.ie' really fast and let it dawn on you what a crappy annoying sound that is. Shudder.
- The reaction to the Trap has been way too positive. There's no way the Irish media will let that continue. So who'll be first to start the backlash? My money would have been on the Sindo, but it's not out til Sunday, funnily enough. So it's more than likely going to be its stablemate. Dumb and Dumber indeed. Oh wait...
- I watched the once-great Horizon the other night. Sweet Jesus what have they done to that show? They included one guy who pretended he had developed a formula for decision making on buying shoes. His formula was basically to take the increase in how attractive a woman feels in new shoes and divide it by how stable a relationship she's in. In other words he made up a fancy-assed formula to show that happily married women are less likely to feel the need to blow a fortune for an artificial sense of looking more attractive. Genius.
- Other TV I'm watching is the second series of Heroes and the sequel to the class Life On Mars, Ashes to Ashes. The former has been ruined by probably the worst Irish accents since Tom Cruise in Far and Away while the latter's first episode ran very, very close to turning the excellent Gene Hunt character into a self-parody. Here's hoping neither show totally loses the plot.
- Charlie Brooker on Valentine's Day is only hilarious.