Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Acrobat

Some miscellany...

  • C'mon on D'Town!

  • I like wishing people a Happy Christmas before Christmas; I feel daft wishing people a 'Happy New Year' when it's all over.

  • I got a cheque today for €25.72 from my old car insurance company. Apparently they over charged me two years ago! Can't wait to blow that!

  • There are 11 sets of traffic lights within the first mile of my drive to work from my girlfriend's house.

  • Surely sat-nav emasculates a man far more than resorting to asking directions?

  • Ireland ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention in 1997 and, as a result, my factory is being audited next week to ensure all our chemicals are for commercial use and not being used in weapons manufacture!

  • My flatmate, Ginger Rave, leaves for work after me and keeps leaving the sitting room door open, which means we lose all the storage heating for the day and the place is freezing in the evening. He then complains about the cold in the evening. I gnash my teeth.

  • Another RTE 'comedy' show got a chance last night - The Roaring Twenties. I smiled at the start when they showed a picture of two fellas kissing when tag rugby got mentioned, given that at the end of the day it's just a bunch of sad folk with no social lives running around trying to grab each other's asses. I should have turned it off at that point.

  • Ex-PD Tom Parlon proved himself to be a thoroughly unpleasant bloke last night on Questions & Answers. Glad he's well out of government.

Meanwhile we already have the Picture of the Year 2008 - no question:
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs