Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Man And A Woman

Last night I decided to walk home from the pub I was in in Cork, rather than get a taxi. It was about 12:30 a.m. and, about halfway, a woman came out of a house on her own about 50 metres in front of me. Within a couple of seconds I realised I was catching her very quickly and, without thinking, crossed the road to pass her from the other side. I'm sure you can guess why.

When I was sure I was a fair bit in front of her I crossed back but suddenly panicked that I had done the wrong thing, and that I might have scared her into thinking I was going to stop and face her. So I put my head down and quickened my pace some more, without ever turning around. I still can't work out if all that was a bit OTT or not.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs