Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dirty Day

I wanted Stan to do well in this job so, so much - I'd support any manager of our side - but these two games have proved he's either pig-headed or he really doesn't know what he's doing. One decision - playing McGeady instead of Hunt, whatever about anything else at all - is proof positive that he doesn't know what he's doing.

I'll never know what difference Hunt's ridiculous red-card made to the game. We had three savagely good chances to score but at the end of the day our players did well despite the manager, not because of him.

Watching the results Wales and, especially, Scotland are getting tonight just compounds the sense of despair about the whole thing. I wouldn't have said this at the end of Kerr's reign, but I think we really do have some great lads in our squad now and they need a quality coach to bring them forward...
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs