Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

I've been a member of a leisure complex not far from where I work since I moved here. This particular complex is heavily populated by geriatrics for whom, understandably, a lot of things have started to head south. Furthermore there are plenty of middle-aged types who either don't realise they're getting old, or don't care, because they insist on wearing speedos and bikinis and things and, well, it's all a bit unpleasant on the eye! (personally I would rather stick pins in my stones than parade around in a pair of speedos). However, in fairness, it doesn't actually bother me.

What did bother me, though, was when I was shaving before having a shower yesterday after swimming. This bloke sauntered up to the sink beside me, completely starkers, all dangling, and proceeded to shave. His face, obviously. In the process he kept stopping and checking himself out in the mirror. He was one of these who had been using the sunbeds (as opposed to beach tanning, if you follow me) and was clearly a bit vain. So, what had been a routine operation for me, became a tortuous case of 'eyes forward and get the job done' at all costs! I was not a happy bunny and cut myself three times in my haste to get away from the Greek-esque bloke beside me.

Troubling...
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs