Thursday, October 13, 2005

All I Want Is U2

Well that was depressing - the incessant rain that has fallen here since last Friday suits my mood following those two games of "football". Kerr out, O'Neill in - it's the only answer I can see...

To lift my mood a bit, though, I secured a floor ticket this morning to see U2 and Arcade Fire in Montreal the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I won't say how much I paid for it. I've also nabbed tickets to see Franz Ferdinand in Boston this Saturday; Wolf Parade (more indie Montreal types) in New Haven next Saturday; the Giants v Redskins NFL match at the end of the month, the Boston Celtics v San Antonio NBA match in mid-November; and to see Stars (yet more indie Montreal types) in New York in late November. All that, plus plans to visit mates Dermo and Stiff in Philly and Seattle, respectively, before I get home. If this rain keeps up I might go to Florida too, just to see the sun again. Oh, and I'm working as well!

.................................

As you may or may not know, I'm single. This, coupled with a job that pays well and that I'm good at, means that I am very used to my own space and doing what I want, when I want. Because there are two of us here, me and Lenny, I'm finding we have to do stuff as a pair, sort of as a couple, as it were. This is not least because the company has us sharing a hire car - and Lenny's driving is a WHOLE other story...

Anyway Lenny wants to do different things to me. Lenny doesn't like going to live music (as the Dire Straits episode might testify). That should suit me, only Lenny doesn't see why I should get the car to go to said concerts either. Lenny also likes to have great plans of his own, only he never follows through on any of them. Lenny wants to invite half of Ireland to come visit us, for example; wants us to go to Buffalo to visit his cousin and seems to think he's getting the car for the week his teacher girlfriend is visiting here. He also seems to have a veto on when and where we eat (always together) and when and where we shop (again, always together). So today Lenny is hacking me off by seriously cramping my style.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs