Tuesday, August 23, 2005

In The Ghetto

The best cover of the Elvis classic can be found here and then here. Rewatching old South Park episodes last night I nearly broke my arse laughing as Cartman sang it on the way to Kenny's house.

I wondered if I still had the original and, yes, it's there on my Elvis No. 1s CD (don't get me wrong now, I'm not much of an Elvis fan at all). Anyhoo I then looked the song up on iTunes and it has actually been covered a number of times - Nick Cave, for example, and then a whole bunch of nobodies. They're all a bit shit, to be honest, but vying for the Most Shit Cover award are The Cranberries and Ronan Keating, each with cringe-inducingly awful covers.

Cartman might only sing two lines but he still kick's the other steaming-turd versions' asses.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Irish Blogs